Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sapporo Night Lights

What is the city but the people? ~ William Shakespeare

I waited for the traffic lights to turn red, halting the cars in their track. I ran forward, stood in the middle of the road and quickly snapped this before the cars resumed motion. There is simply something fascinating about the way the headlights from the vehicles mingle with the blazing neon lights, casting a soothing glow on the snow-covered roads.

Everyone is in haste, which is quite a pity because the night is so beautiful. The flurry of snow has created a aura-like effect on the lamp; kinda resembles a miniature sun.

I received quite a number of stares for this photograph. I wanted to capture the pace of life, even at 1037pm. People hardly stroll here. The only ones strolling about are the tourists. I placed the camera on the road and snapped away just as a bunch of office workers came into view.

No comments:

Post a Comment