Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bangkok D2: Ramshackle Charm


You will be surprised at the kinds of food they can serve from those humble-looking boats. To be honest, I was rather skeptical at first, but I wanted to eat like the locals and so I asked for a bowl of chicken noodles! I am not well versed in food writing, so I will settle for "It tastes like heaven" for now, and that is not an an exaggeration. At 20B (SGD $0.83), I was amazed by the tanginess of the noodles, and the succulence of the meat! But don't just take my words for it, a picture speaks a tho....yeah yeah you saw it coming..

Chicken Noodles - all prepared on a small little boat.

Getting a glimpse into the daily life of the peoples..

Rustic charm. This feels a lot like the Cambodia trip back in 2009.

There's really so much more to say about this enchanting floating village. Will post more content when I'm back in Singapore :) P.S: I hope Manchester United wins tonight. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment